Who's here

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Romanian Beginner 000

Nationality and country of origin
Eu sînt român. Eu sînt din România. Eu nu sînt din Moldova. Eu sînt profesor. Eu nu sînt inginer.
I am Romanian. I am from Romania. I am not from Moldova. I am a teacher. I am not an engineer.

Asking about someone’s nationality:
Question: (Tu) Eşti român? - Are you Romanian?
Affirmative answer: Da, (eu) sînt român. - Yes, I am Romanian.
Negative answer: Nu, eu nu sînt român, (eu) sînt moldovean. - No, I am not Romanian, I am Moldovan.

Asking about someone’s country of origin:
De unde eşti? Eu sînt din România! Where are you from? I am from Romania.
Eşti din România? Nu, sînt din Franţa. Are you from Romania? No, I am from France!

Personal Pronouns:
Singular: Plural:

eu sînt - I am
tu eşti - you are
el/ea este - he/she is
noi sîntem – we are
voi sînteţi – you are
ei/ele sînt – they are
Sometimes the „î” in each conjugated form of the verb „a fi” (to be)is pronounced „u”.
eu sunt
tu eşti
el/ea este
noi suntem
voi sunteţi
ei/ele sunt

No comments:

Post a Comment