Who's here

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Beginner Hungarian – Nem akarsz a baratnőm lenni? (Will you be my girlfriend?)

1.
Szia! Nagyon tetszel. Meghívhatlak egy italra?
Hi! I like you a lot. Will you have a drink with me?
2.
Csodálatos kék szemed van! Azt hiszem, fülig szerelmes vagyok beléd!
You have wonderful eyes! I think I am in love with you!
3.
Figyelj, én teljes szívből szeretlek. Igazándiból nem baj ha te nem szeretsz. Csak mutass be a hugodnak.
Listen, I love you from the bottom of my heart. As a matter of fact, it is not a problem if you don’t love me! Just introduce me to your younger sister.
4.
Ma nagyon hideg van. Oda bujhatok hozzád?
It’s very cold today. Can I snug up to you?
5.
Jól nézzel ki abban a feszes farmerben és bőr csizmában! Nincs kedved beugrani hozzám egy kávéra?
You look good in those tight jeans and leather boots! Don’t you wanna come to my place and a have a cup of coffee?
6.
Szia, szingli vagy? Ha nincs senkid, lehetsz a barátnőm!
Hi! Are you single? If you have nobody, you can be my girlfriend!

New Vocabulary
tetszik – to like
meghív – to invite
ital – drink
csodálatos – wonderful
kék – blue
szem – eye
hisz – to believe
fülig szerelmes vagyok beléd! – I am head over heels in love with you!
figyel – to pay attention to
teljes szívből szeretlek – I love you with all my heart!
igazándiból – as a matter of fact
nem baj – it’s not a problem
bemutat – to introduce
hugod – your younger sister
hideg – cold
odabujik – to snug
feszes – tight
farmer – blue-jeans
bőr – leather
csizma – boot
Nincs kedved …? – Don’t you feel like …?
barátnő - girlfriend

Grammar Explanations
 
The verb „lenni” (to be)
I am, you are, he/she/it is:
Szerelmes vagyok beléd. I am in love with you.
Szingli vagy? Are you single?
Hideg van. It is cold.
The conditional form of the verb „lenni” (to be). The personal pronoun is often times omitted.
Ha nincs senkid, lehetsz a barátnőm. If you have nobody, you can be my girlfriend!
(en) lehetek I could be
(te) lehetsz you could be
(o) lehethe/she/it could be
(mi) lehetünkwe could be
(ti) lehettekyou could be
(ok) lehetnekthey could be

The audio file is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment